It’s the last weekend before the holiday season truly begins, so spend it wisely.
1. Now here’s some proper November weather — sunny, chilly, crisp, below freezing at night, all that jazz. I’m not saying I prefer it, but I am saying it’s appropriate. On this seasonable weekend in Bangor, on Friday night you can take your pick for entertainment, from either local heroes Chris Ross and the North […]
1. Well, that was a week, huh? Now that power’s been restored to the majority of people — still around 140,000 customers to go, however, as of Thursday afternoon — life can get (sort of) back to normal. If you’re not setting up a shrine to the power workers that got the lights back on […]
Zombies, haunted houses and plenty of Stephen King.
1. In Bangor Friday night, poet Vi Khi Nao reads at the Bangor Arts Exchange at 7 p.m., the Wyatt Jenkins Band is at Paddy Murphy’s, Allison Bankston and Hippie Soup are at Nocturnem Drafthaus, and in Orono, Wyld Lyfe plays at Woodman’s. On Saturday, Paraween, the annual dance showcase from local progressive bellydance troupe the […]
Note: Starting this week, my weekly 5 Things To Do This Weekend post will undergo a tiny little rebrand. It’ll now be known as The Weekender. It’ll contain the same mix of cool stuff to do, from Bangor to Portland, as you’ve been used to all these years. That’s all. Carry on! 1. This weekend […]
1. Happy fall! Friday marks not only the last Downtown Bangor Art Walk of the year, but also the kickoff for ARTober, Bangor’s month of the arts. There’s a showcase of area performers and visual artists from 5 to 9 p.m. at the new Bangor Arts Exchange on Exchange Street, as well as lots of […]
1. Now, I’m generally the kind of person that prefers warmer weather to colder. But even I found the oppressive, heavy, 90-degree weather of the past five days to be a bit much. Thankfully, we’re somewhat back to normal this weekend — just in time for both indoor and outdoor shenanigans. In Bangor Friday night, […]
1. Say goodbye to summer, kids, with a weekend for the ages. Friday night in Bangor, 58 Main hosts its last show for a while, with roots ensemble Roochie Toochie and the Ragtime Shepherd Kings. Elsewhere, Fules Gold is at Paddy Murphy’s, it’s vinyl night at Nocturnem Drafthaus, DJ 2PHAT is at the Sea Dog, and […]
1. Well, well, well, it looks like summer decided to make a last minute appearance this week! It’s been a doozy of a gorgeous few days here in Maine, and it looks like it’s going to last right through the weekend. What fun can we get up to this time? In the Bangor area, Friday […]