1. Well, obviously, Friday night there’s not much going on, because you are undoubtedly either spending time with your family, going to see Star Wars for the second (or third, or fourth time) or eating Chinese food for Jewish Christmas (or all three). So we’ll just skip Friday altogether and move right on to Saturday, when Bangor is full of fun things to do, including rockers When Particles Collide at Paddy Murphy’s, the always fun Magnetic North at Ipanema, or jazz man John Nowak at Nocturnem Drafthaus. It’ll surely be a local reunion for Bangor area natives, so enjoy the night with people you haven’t seen all year!
2. Meanwhile, in Portland, Saturday and Sunday are dominated by tribute/cover nights, with Badfish, the Sublime tribute band, at the State Theatre on Saturday, a Stevie Wonder tribute night featuring local singer Kenya Hall at Port City Music Hall, also on Saturday, and on Sunday, Stop Making Sense, the Talking Heads tribute band, is at Port City. Also on Saturday, Empire hosts rockers Five of the Eyes, Superorder and Geph, the Keelan Donovan Band is at Portland HOME, and there’s the seventh annual Animation Show of Shows Film Festival Saturday and Sunday at the Space Gallery.
3. On the Midcoast, Saturday night Our Town Belfast hosts a really fun rock show at the American Legion Hall, when the Mallett Brothers Band perform all night, while in Rockland on Saturday night, there’s a traditional Irish session at Rock City Coffee. Across the bay in Bar Harbor, the Lompoc Cafe re-opens for the night on Saturday, with a show from rockers Rose Hips & Ships and Ross Gallagher. There’s also a Star Wars trivia contest at the Criterion Theatre.
4. That’s it. That’s all I’ve got.
5. No really, that’s it. You’re on your own! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and good tidings to you, to you and your kin. Cheers!