The second edition of the Broadway’s Best in Bangor tour has been announced for the Cross Insurance Center, and this time around will bring five touring productions to Bangor, up from four last year. Last year’s popular series featured such well-known touring official Broadway productions as “Mamma Mia” and “Beauty and the Beast.” The announced shows, set for December, February, March and May, are:
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze, a holiday-themed theatrical production complete with acrobats, tightrope walkers, aerialists, trapeze artists, dancers, wild costumes and sets and an original musical score. The Bangor performance is set for Sunday, Dec. 14.
- Million Dollar Quartet, a Tony Award-winning musical that lets audiences take a peek into the famed recording session that brought together Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins. The show features a cavalcade of early rock n’ roll, rockabilly and country hits. The performance is set for Sunday, Feb. 22.
- Flashdance: The Musical, a staged retelling of the beloved 1980s movie “Flashdance,” with music by Robbie Roth and lyrics by Robert Cary and Robbie Roth. Relive the dance-fueled story of Pittsburgh steelworker Alex Owens. The performance is set for Tuesday, March 3.
- Peter & the Starcatcher, winner of five Tony Awards, is a swashbuckling prequel to Peter Pan, that tells the story of how he became the boy who never grew up. A beautifully staged adaptation of the book by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. Performance is set for Tuesday, March 17.
- Camelot is the classic musical that closes out the season, the beloved 1960s show about King Arthur, Lancelot and Guinevere, featuring such classic Lerner & Loewe songs as “If Ever I Would Leave You.” The performance is set for Thursday, May 7.
Season tickets for all five shows start at $99, and go up to $279, and are available by calling 561-8333, at the Cross Insurance Center box office, or by visiting crossinsurancecenter.com. Individual tickets to each show, if any remain after season tickets are sold, will go on sale in the weeks before each show. The series is sponsored by The First, Maine’s Community Bank.