Wednesday night (tonight) is the first concert of the season for the Bangor Waterfront Concert series. The weather forecast calls for things to be a little soggy, and traffic could be tricky, so here are some things to remember if you’re attending the Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s first-ever outdoor concert:
- Gates open at 6 p.m.
- Road Closures: Railroad Street (Summer Street to Front Street), 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 8; Railroad Street (Main Street), 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 9; Front Street, 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 9.
- Parking: Handicap parking will be provided along Front Street. All on street parking spaces (from the Sea Dog restaurant to Railroad Street) will be temporarily posted for handicap parking (approximately 20 spaces). Event staff will be on site assisting those in need of handicap parking.
- The large parking lot on Front Street (near the boat dock) will be utilized by concert staff for guest parking.
- Owners of boats who rent space at the city dock will be provided space to park in this lot.
- General Parking is available in the Pickering Square Parking Garage, Bass Park and in various parking lots and on-street parking areas in the downtown area. Portions of some residential neighborhoods near the concert site have been posted with temporary no parking signs.
- The following items will NOT be allowed at the show: lawn chairs, umbrellas, weapons, contraband, coolers, outside food and beverages, detachable lens cameras, video camcorders, audio recording devices.
- Attendees may bring point and shoot cameras and blankets.
Be safe and have fun!