BANGOR, Maine — The rush is on! Waterfront Concerts announced Monday morning that boy band Big Time Rush will headline a show Friday, Aug. 31, as part of their summer tour. Other performers will include Cody Simpson and Rachael Crow.
Big Time Rush stars Kendall, James, Carlos and Logan, are known for their Nickelodeon TV hit of the same name as the band. The show features the boys, all hockey players, as they form a band.
Big Time Rush the movie is set to premiere at 8 p.m. March 10, on Nickelodeon.
Cody Simpson is an Australian pop singer whose album “Coast to Coast” debuted in the top 15 on the Billboard 200 and features the Top 40 hit “On My Mind.”
“X Factor” star Rachel Crow, 14, recently signed a music deal with Columbia Records and also has a TV deal with Nickelodeon for a new show.
Waterfront Concerts previously announced are:
- Wednesday, May 9: Trans-Siberian Orchestra Beethoven’s Last Night.
- Friday, May 18: Godsmack, Staind and Black Stone Cherry.
- Sunday May 27: Country Throwdown with Gary Allan, Justin Moore, Josh Thompson, Sunny Sweeney, Eric Paslay and others all day on 3 stages.
- 2012 Country Mega Ticket (on sale now) featuring: Friday, July 6 – Rascal Flatts, Little Big Town, Eli Young Band and Edens Edge; Saturday, Sept. 1 – Keith Urban and David Nail; and Sunday, Sept. 2 – Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and a special guest.
- Friday June 22: An evening with the Beach Boys on their 50th Anniversary tour.
- Friday July 6: Rascal Flatts, Little Big Town, Eli Young Band and Edens Edge.
- Saturday September 1: Keith Urban and David Nail. On Sale Soon
- Sunday September 2: Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and a special guest.
For all shows, tickets are available at waterfrontconcerts.com, all ticketmaster outlets, charge by phone (800) 745-3000 or locally at Mark’s Music in Brewer.